Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Since our lives are not all about dyslexia.... what's your decorating style?

We have lived MANY years in "We have kids chic" design and I've had about enough. Now that the boys are old enough to really clean up after themselves, I have decided to pick a damn style and go with it. Relax, Pat, this does NOT mean that I will be spending willy-nilly to re-decorate the house. BUT, I will be re-arranging things so that what we have seems to make sense. I like order but we have been too busy running around trying to keep up that we simply CAN'T keep up!

So, a logical start was to try to decide what my style is.... and then, what Pat's style is.... and then how we can compromise so that we both feel comfortable with our furnishings. So, I started with this quiz from hgtv. Of course, as soon as I started, I knew why I have so much trouble with decorating. There isn't ONE answer to any of the questions they ask.... but, it sounds like my style is "transitional" OR "cottage shabby chic." I put together some pinterest boards to show to P and see if he could decide what his style was and I was surprised at the results.





However, we both agree that there are so many elements that we like, from each, that we should be able to slap something together that works for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment